It's November and that means the fall and winter holidays are fast approaching. If you're in the midst of a separation or moving into divorce territory, this can be one of the most dreaded times of the year.
Because it's a time for traditions and family and laughter and celebration -- some of the things you may not quite be connecting with as you try to deal with the potential or impending breakup of your marriage.
So what can you do during this holiday period? >>>>>>
- Give yourself permission to show up late or leave early if you need to.
- Get plenty of rest and set a goal for how long you will stay at any event.
- Be OK with not being OK.
- Tell your family/friends/loved ones what you need and what you don't need.
- Find a way to take care of yourself in the midst of these very social holidays.
- Create your own new ritual.
- Find someone who understands where you're at and can help you through the holidays.
Looking back, there were seven steps that helped me get through the breakup of my marriage and The Fog of Divorce™. If you think the objective voice of a survivor might be helpful, please contact me. My goal as a divorce coach for men is to help you move more quickly and painlessly through The Fog of Divorce™.
The breakup of a marriage can be devastating, but you don't have to go through it all alone. Don't struggle like I did. Reach out. I've been there. And I can help.
Who knows, you might just make it a happy holiday season after all.
Ciao for now,
The Divorce Coach 4 Men
© Divorce Coaching 4 Men 2008. All rights reserved.